Friday, March 29, 2019

In like a Lion, Out like a Lamb






SPRING HAS SPRUNG HERE!!!!!!

I cannot believe it. It is 73 degrees as I type this here in Anderson, SC. Earlier this week it was breezy and in the 50's. In just a few days it will be back to those temps before it warms again next weekend. I cannot wait until the temps stay stable. I'm ready to get back in the saddle for the Ride To Remember 2019
This year the old adage for March, "In like a Lion, Out like a Lamb" has been right on target as far as the weather is concerned. And for the dementia, I can say the same thing.
I mentioned in an earlier blog that I have now been put out of work on permanent disability. Frankly it stinks. I still wanted to work and tried my best to find a way, but by the first of this month is was becoming apparent that I was having trouble doing even the simplest things at work. Dementia was roaring at me, "I've got you now. I'll squash you like a bug." Truthfully I felt that it was faithfully carrying out its mission at the time. My job as an Analyst created a lot of stress and high pressure. I tried to find alternatives to my duties that I could do and still be a viable worker.
In the end my doctor and my bosses both agreed that the time had come.
Fast forward to now. I've been out of work for 2 weeks. My wife says I'm a different man. She says I am able to be more focused and a bit sharper. I will admit that I do feel a bit better too. I'm still a little bit bummed about not working now, but my focus has now turned into protecting what I have left of a brain and body. 
I'm like that lamb in the picture, I know the Lion is still there, but kinda chilling at the moment. I feel like I can lay my head down and rest for a minute, even if I'm still connected to the Lion. I know that connection will always be there unless a cure if found, but it isn't raging, trying to tear me down.
I'm also going to use this time to talk to others about my disease. Opportunities are opening up for me to do as such i.e. Alzheimers Coffee Talk Greenville, Alzheimers State House Day, Congressional Staff/Military Advisors, Local/National Company Annual Meetings just for April.
I know God still has a plan in all of this, and I just hope I can make him proud in what I do.
For now I will keep pushing on through this disease. 
For those of you reading this, please consider making a donation by following the link above. I really want a cure to be found soon so that I can have many, many more years to spend with my wife and friends. 
Until next time, #AlzSux, #EndAlz
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. All comments are verified by me as people like to spam bloggers with their ads and as you can tell from the posts, i don't do ads all through my blog like some do.
Please follow me and continue to comment as appropriate.
Thanks,
Keith