Saturday, May 18, 2019

If A Bear Can Use Charmin, Why Am I In The Woods Using Leaves?


One of things about any form of Dementia is that I am always having off the wall thoughts, as noted in the title. I guess my mind is trying to make sense of my thoughts and it puts together whatever it can find.

My wife is usually rolling her eyes at me several times a day. Sometimes it is because I've used the wrong word when trying to describe an action or event. But other times I just like to say weird stuff to mess with her head once in awhile. SHHHHH ...... don't tell her that though! LOL

A lot of times we're riding down the road and I will get a phrase or a word stuck in my head. Billboards, Radio Advertisements, signs/decals on vehicles and other various sights provide a wealth of possible jokes for my brain to stew on.

What I don't get is how I can come up with a punch line really quick, or a joke about something I saw, but ask me to repeat 3 words at the doctors office 5 minutes later and I can't get one of them right. That will frustrate the &$%# out of anyone my friends!

Sheri told the doc that sometimes it feels like I'm faking this, then other days she thinks I went over the edge finally. The doc told her "Welcome to Dementia"! I admit, there are days where I feel like I'm on my game and I could tackle any task. Then there are days like today where I have my mayo packet it one hand, my steak biscuit from BoJ's in the other, and I can't figure out how to get one on the other one. UGH.

In less than 2 weeks now I'll be having a shunt surgery to relieve some of this pressure that causes so many bad headaches, or at least that is what they hope it will do. I'll still have them from the hydrocephalus, but they shouldn't be as intense. I've had to stop playing bass in the church worship band because I can't concentrate and my right hand keeps doing its little spastic things that it has fun driving me nuts when I least expect it. At any one time it might draw my hand into a fist, or it may flip one (or more) of my fingers out. So if I look like I'm about to sucker punch you or flip you off when you're around, don't worry, most likely it is pulling another number on me. I still could do one or the other too, but usually i'm just too tired for any crap starting nowadays! :-p

I probably will write one more before my surgery and then it may be a few weeks before I'm back. I'm unsure at the moment how long I'm "Down and Out" with this procedure. But I do promise you this: I'll still be back here, hopefully inspiring someone to keep pressing on while I continue to show how warped my mind gets as time rolls on.

SO until next time: #EndAlz #AlzSux #HydroWarrior4Ever

2 comments:

  1. Once again you amaze me at your ability to joke about your situation. Thank you for sharing how your body and mind is effected by this horrendous disease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback. It is hard to take this lightly but i REFUSE to lie in a corner and give up. Its my friends and fans that support and keep me going. Please keep reading, sharing & commenting as the time goes on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. All comments are verified by me as people like to spam bloggers with their ads and as you can tell from the posts, i don't do ads all through my blog like some do.
Please follow me and continue to comment as appropriate.
Thanks,
Keith