Wednesday, October 17, 2018

I Missed My Plane


I missed my plane

I have been watching a new TV series called Manifest, which is on NBC stations every Monday night at 10 pm. (no, I have no affiliation with any network station or company – this is not a promo).
The main theme of the show is people were on a flight into the United States from the Caribbean and they experience some strong turbulence mid-flight. The cockpit announces that the problem did not show up on radar and therefore they were unprepared for it.
Then they land in the United States, but it’s been 5 ½ years since they disappeared from radar. Only thing is, no one has aged or changed a bit from the time that they left the airport.
One small boy has a terminal illness where no cure is known, but when they land, a treatment is discovered that would not have been available at the time he was on the plane.
I wish I had been on that plane. 5 ½ years from now maybe there will be survivors from Alzheimer’s, Dementia and Hydrocephalus, that latter 2 of which I battle with no cure for either one.
I’m learning new ways to cope with these diseases, but I also keep in the back of my mind the problem that looms ahead if no cure is found. This isn’t a future that I’m happy about.
The main thing I want is my friends, what extremely few I have, to be closer now than ever, and to include me, not exclude me.
I want to continue to ride. I want people who will help me train along the way so that I can do better than last time.
I want to find a way to work on my bucket list. No money and the knowledge that I will have to use up my vacation time every year now while I am out of work because of bedrest and lumbar punctures leaves me with a dim vision at best of this.
I know my wife didn’t sign up for this, but I watch her each day as she helps me without hesitation. I am so proud of her. I don’t want her to have to go through this either.
So when you see someone trying to raise funds, please give. The amount doesn’t have to be that much if we have that many who will give.
So, until I catch my next flight …. #EndAlz #AlzSux #HydroWarrior4Ever

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. All comments are verified by me as people like to spam bloggers with their ads and as you can tell from the posts, i don't do ads all through my blog like some do.
Please follow me and continue to comment as appropriate.
Thanks,
Keith